Thursday, July 31, 2014

Reaching Back, Looking Forward

Looking back on this 6 weeks of class I can say that ENC 1102 has been one of the most helpful classes for my future. Not only in my life but in my future field of computer science. Academically I will be using what I have learned in this class to carry on to my other classes with Gordon rule, which is a required writing class. I will also be using these skills in non-Gordon rule classes since every class uses writing in some way. I will be able to use the knowledge I have gained of how to find reliable peer-reviewed academic sources and to write in any genre I am presented with. I know now that this class is just a stepping stone into my future of writing.

I not only have learned writing skills that will further help me into getting my degree of Computer Science but this knowledge learned in this short 6 weeks will also help me in the future while I am at my job. For Computer Science, after every new software or app is made the creator has to do a technical report explaining how reliable the software actually is so I will need to develop as a writer and be able to use that genre to be able to have my software be used by as many people as possible. Also Computer Scientists have to write a work summary of what their software actually does and the knowledge of audience will help me reach the targeted people. This work summary has to have less technical terms to reach the modern day working man and not in the language other Computer Scientists would understand. Before this class I believed Writing would be such a minuscule part of my life/career but now I see that writing will be a major part of my life for the rest of my life.

Thank you for a great semester Mr. Bedsole.

No comments:

Post a Comment