Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What is Writing?

Writing defined in the dictionary is the activity or skill of marking coherent words on paper and composing text. Writing nowadays consists of a 140 characters maximum limit. Writing today isn't seen as an essential skill when it comes to normal day life. In that sense the topic isn't scratching down a grocery list but writing novels. The thing is writing doesn't have to be a novel; there are things that can be written to express yourself such as blogs that are very easy to do. When it comes to myself I will not need writing in my major since I am getting into Computer Science. The only thing I will be typing is zeros and ones for a while. That doesn't mean my writing will stop though. I can keep expressing myself through writing any way that I wish. I will be honest, I hate writing. After math it is my least favorite thing to do when it comes to education. The only time I remember enjoy writing was in elementary school when the teacher put up a topic on the whiteboard and we were given free time to write fiction stories and let our imaginations wander. But my enjoyment for writing died when I reached middle school and was made to write only nonfiction papers. Maybe one day I will enjoy writing again and hopefully soon because it seems I will have a lot of writing to do this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment